All we have been hearing about lately is MATCHA!!! Matcha is a powdered green tea that will satisfy your caffeine cravings. In traditional green tea the leaves are discarded after they are soaked in hot water, when drinking matcha, the actual leaves along with all its nutrients are being consumed!
Matcha green tea contains over 10 times the nutrients when compared to traditional teas as well as when compared to popular fruits and vegetables. It is full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants! It includes iron, potassium, polyphenols and so much more!
- Polyphenol in matcha boosts metabolism, prevents against aging, reduces blood pressure, regulates blood sugar, and prevents against diseases. What more could we ask for?
- Just 1 teaspoon of matcha has almost the same amount of caffeine that a cup of coffee does. The caffeine in matcha is released slower than coffee, therefore you’ll avoid that common caffeine crash because the energy is distributed through your body over an extended period of time.
- Reduces cortisol, the stress hormone that’s responsible for belly fat and increased appetite.
- Burns fat
- Boosts immune system
- DIY matcha mask- Mix 1 teaspoon of matcha powder, 1 teaspoon of honey, and 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil. Slather on your skin and leave on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with warm water and enjoy that glow!
- Make popsicles- Blend 1 teaspoon matcha powder with 1 cup blueberries, 1/2 banana, mint leaves, and 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Pour in popsicle molds and freeze.
- Make a matcha latte- Mix 1 teaspoon of matcha powder with 2 oz hot water in a cup. Then, pour 6 oz. of steamed almond/coconut milk over the matcha mixture. Delicious!
- DIY easy banana matcha ice cream- Blend 2 frozen bananas, 1/4 cup almond milk, and 1 teaspoon of matcha powder. Scoop frozen mixture into a bowl and top with dark chocolate chips and almond butter drizzle.
- First Aid Beauty Caffeine Matcha wipes– Remove your makeup or refresh your skin with this skin boosting wipes (its our go to gym bag essential).
- Milk Makeup’s new Matcha Cleanser & Matcha Toner is used to detoxify, exfoliate, and soothe your skin. Plus, they’ve got anti-inflammatory properties…YES!
- Pressed Juicery’s new Matcha flavored FREEZE! We topped it with blueberries and almond butter drizzle. It was nothing short of amazing!!
- Pick up Juice Press’s Matcha Green Tea Latte for a quick caffeine fix.
- Take your girlfriends and go check out Cha Cha Matcha cafe at 373 Broome St. in NYC. Get a Matcha Swirl (soft serve) or a classic Matcha Latte.
- Try this superfood matcha chocolate bar that has cacao nibs, spirulina, and matcha inside!
- Califia Farms Matcha Almond Milk
To clean living,
Jessica, Rachel, & Ariella