With summer fast approaching, grocery stores will be stocked with ripe, fresh, and delicious peaches, nectarines, and plums. This is one of our favorite deserts because it’s healthy, sweet, tangy, and warm!
Peaches have many minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, manganese, phosphorous, zinc, and copper. Plums and prunes help increase the absorption of iron into the body, and are a good source of vitamin C.
- 6 peaches, pitted and cut into quarters or eighths
- 6 plums or Italian prune plums, pitted and quartered or halved
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (try freshly squeezed)
- *Recipe calls for 1/2 cup organic cane sugar (we omit)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F
- Place the peaches and plums in a single layer, cut side up, in 2 glass or porcelain oven-proof baking dishes
- Top with the raspberries
- Distribute orange juice evenly
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until tender
- Serve warm
To clean living,
Jessica, Rachel, & Ariella
Courtesy of @InaGarten