PALEO STEAK SALAD WITH CHIMICHURRI DRESSING:
*Everyone loves their meat! This is a healthy way to include beef in your diet, while also getting in your greens. We recommend buying organic, hormone-free flank steak if possible.
- 1.25lb flank steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper to season
- 1-2 cups fresh arugula
- 1 red onion, sliced into 1″ rings (even more delicious if you grill them!)
- 1lb. asparagus, trimmed
- 1 pint of assorted cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Season asparagus and onion rings with olive oil and salt.
- Place asparagus and onion rings on grill. Grill the asparagus for 4-5 minutes and remove. Grill the onion rings for 4-5 minutes per side until char marks appear. Remove and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive to flank steak, rub into both side. Season both sides with salt & pepper.
- Place flank steak on the grill. Grill each side for 3-5 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- While the steak is resting add the following to a small food processor: a garlic clove, fresh cilantro, red wine vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper. Blend until smooth and looks like a dressing.
- Assemble the salad, add fresh arugula, grilled red onion slices, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado, and sliced flank steak to a large serving platter. Serve with Chimichurri Dressing on the side! Garnish with a lime.
To clean living,
Jessica, Rachel, & Ariella