Since most of us are in a rush in the mornings, we put together 5 breakfast ideas that you could complete in 10 minutes or less! Say goodbye to mornings where you run out the door empty handed because the omelet took too long!!
Our top five picks:
1. Overnight oats – Overnight oats consist of oats that are typically soaked in milk. Overnight, the oats soften and gain a creamy texture and consistency. Store in a container or mason jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Here’s our go to overnight oats recipe:
- 1/2 cup oats (We recommend these go-to packs)
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberies
- 2/3 cup almond milk (try out homemade almond milk!)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- **optional: sliced banana
- **optional: drizzle honey
Mix all the ingredients together in a container, mason jar, or cup and place in refrigerator overnight (or for 8-10 hours). Then, top with sliced banana, blueberries, or a drizzle of honey.
2. Protein Smoothie: Checkout our 5 favorite smoothie recipes!
3. Sweet Potato Toast – Take a raw sweet potato and cut it into 1 inch slices. Place the slices in the toaster for about 10 minutes until softened and lightly browned.
- Spread unsweetened
almond butter on the sweet potato toast and top with banana slices. Top it with a teaspoon hemp seeds for extra protein! For extra sweetness, drizzle some maple syrup on top.
- Take arugula, a poached egg, some crushed dried herbs, place them on the slice of sweet potato. Drizzle with spicy mayo (1/2 cup avocado mayonnaise & 2 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce)
- Slice avocado and lay them onto the sweet potato slice. Sprinkle hot pepper flakes for an extra kick!
4. Avocado Toast- Take Ezekiel bread and toast it. Mash 1/2 an avocado
and place it on the toast. Add sea salt and pepper to taste
- Grape tomatoes + balsamic viniger
- Beets (cooked) + raw, unsalted pistachios
- Grapefruit slices + shredded mint
- Arugula + red pepper flakes + drizzle of olive oil
5. Healthy Pancakes- When you have a few minutes to prepare breakfast, make these delicious healthy pancakes!
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mash banana
- Add eggs
- Add cinnamon & vanilla extract
- Mix until thoroughly combined
- Place a skillet over medium-heat and spray with coconut oil spray
- Add ¼ cup of the mixture on the pan for each pancake
- Flip when batter begins to bubble
- Cook until the bottom of the pancake is lightly browned
- Top with sliced bananas, maple syrup, fresh berries, or our superseed almond butter
To clean living,
Jessica, Rachel, & Ariella