There’s a reason why Starbucks, non vegans, and the average joe are swapping their dairy milk products with nut milks. Nut milk have become very “in Vogue,” making it easier to implement the change to a dairy-free lifestyle. If you want to see what all the buzz is about and choose to cut out dairy, go slowly. Start by replacing the dairy milk you put in your coffee with unsweetened nut milk (think – cashew, almond, and hazelnut). Beware: most store bought almond milk come with many additives. Check out our recipe for delicious, all natural, homemade almond milk in the “Recipes” section!
Benefits of switching cow’s milk for nut milk:
- Increased energy- Stop feeling sluggish!!
- Weight loss- Just ask Khloe Kardashian. (It’s lower in calories than most traditional dairy products)
- Clear skin- If your acne just won’t budge, dairy could be the culprit. There are a few reasons that dairy products can cause acne: Firstly, because consuming dairy can cause inflammation. Second, the hormones in milk can aggravate your skin due to their unnatural and foreign properties. Many people boast fast and dramatic improvements in their skin by cutting out dairy.
- Bye bye bloat- A dairy allergy or intolerance can cause gas and bloating. .
- Improved digestion- Did you know that about 75% of the population has trouble digesting dairy products? While most people aren’t diagnosed with “lactose intolerance,” it can still have a negative effect on their digestive system. Side note- most dairy milk contains growth hormones that the digestive system has trouble processing.
- It doesn’t have to be refrigerated – you can keep a packaged nut milk in your bag just in case you need a midday pick me up
To clean living,
Jessica, Rachel, & Ariella