Everyone has days when they are to tired and hungry to cook a masterly crafted insta worthy dinner. Thats where this salmon recipe comes in – salmon only needs to cook for 10 to 15 minutes and has a lot of protein and omega 3 to keep you full and knock out those late night munchies. This meal is easy to throw together and will take less time than it takes for the Seamless delivery guy to show up.
Its all about that fennel: Fennel is a celery-like vegetable with a black licorice-like flavor. Fennel provides an enormous amount of health benefits- it is high in fiber, potassium, vitamin C, A, B6, K, and folate. All parts of the fennel bulb can be eaten, including the seeds, leaves, and the bulb itself. In this recipe, we use every part of the vegetable for the maximum benefit and zero waste!
- Ground fennel seed
- Orange zest
- Foraged salt
- Coconut oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Pine nuts (optional)
- Sea salt
- Fresh black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Begin by rubbing the salmon with 2 tablespoons coconut oil and season both sides with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of chopped herbs, fennel, orange zest, and ground fennel seed.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes
- Spray a baking sheet with coconut oil
- Place sliced fennel on the baking sheet and season generously with salt and pepper
- Then; drizzle 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar over the fennel
- Bake for 30 minutes (until the fennel wedges are cooked through and beginning to caramelize at the edges)
- Prepare a bowl with arugula, sliced grapefruit, pine nuts, place roasted fennel and salmon, drizzle with a touch of coconut oil and balsamic vinegar.
To clean living,
Jessica, Rachel, & Ariella