Ever see green colored water? It’s probably chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is the green pigment found in plants, especially in leafy greens, and it has detoxifying and healing properties. So what’s all this hype about putting chlorophyll drops into your water?
Chlorophyll is an antioxidant that contains numerous vitamins like vitamins A, C, E, and K. It is rich in antioxidants and minerals – iron, potassium, fatty acids, magnesium, iron, and calcium. You can get chlorophyll from foods, supplements, or in its liquid, but getting it from supplements is more beneficial because it survives long enough to get absorbed into the body.
- Detoxifies the liver
- Controls body odor- It helps control bad breath and other odors.
- Improves digestion- Chlorophyll is great for your digestive system because it helps speed up waste elimination and balance your fluid levels.
- Promotes weight loss- Chlorophyll is proven to boost metabolism. Additionally, chlorophyll may help suppress hunger and stabilize blood sugar.
- Energizes the body
- Improves skin
- Boosts immune system
- Helps with iron deficiency
- Helps reduce insomnia symptoms
- Anti inflammatory effects
- It’s not so difficult to include chlorophyll in your daily diet because most green plants are rich in chlorophyll. Try to consume at least 3 cups of leafy greens each day. Have salads, add kale or spinach to your smoothies, or try swish chard as your veggie for dinner.
- Lately, we’ve been buying chlorophyll coconut water. This can easily be made at home with organic coconut water and 2 drops of liquid chlorophyll.
- Add 1-2 drops of liquid chlorophyll to your water each day.
- Try chlorophyll supplement if its hard for you to get in enough green each day. The recommended amount per day is 100mg.
*Make sure before taking a chlorophyll supplement to check with your doctor to make sure it won’t negatively interact with any other medications you are taking.
Chlorophyll rich foods: Eating these foods raw or steamed will give you the most benefit.
- Green beans
- Spirulina and chlorella
- Swish chard
- Add a scoop of Super Greens into your smoothie
- If you don’t have time to make your own, checkout this packaged chlorophyll coconut water.
- Checkout this organic chlorophyll face mask to purify and hydrate your skin.
- Try Time Bomb Complexion Chlorophyll Cocktail to protect, decongest, and nourish your skin for a clearer and smoother complexion.
To clean living,
Jessica, Rachel, and Ariella