Everyone knows that traveling can throw even the most health conscious people’s clean living routines off. At home you are used to planned workout routines and home cooked healthy meals, but when away it is hard to be motivated to work out and tempting to eat unlimited calories. To make it easier for myself, I always prep and plan so that I have a stress-free flight and enjoyable trip. I am sharing my best travel tips for all of those fellow health nuts out there.
- Pack leggings and sneakers in your carry on because you never know when you can sneak in a run. Bonus – it will help you get over jet lag!
- Pack gliders, jump rope, and resistance bands for the ultimate hotel room workout. This equipment takes up minimal space in your suitcase, but will keep your body bikini ready! Checkout Amanda Kloot’s DANCE video and our SLT-inspired workout for the ultimate in room sweat sesh!
- Pre-flight take vitamin C and Probiotics to avoid getting sick (there are so many germs on the plane).
- Bring a sleeping mask to get your beauty sleep in flight. We always pack this natural silk one.
- When flying, your body is confused and working to adapt to the many changes, this can throw off your digestive system. I recommend avoiding refined sugar, sodium, and caffeine, and replace with whole foods instead.
- Pack veggies that won’t spoil, think: jicama, baby carrots, cucumbers, snap peas -dip them into Organic Hummus for some extra protein and healthy fats.
- Pack to go snacks – 100 calorie almond packs, oatmeal packets, almond butter packs, RX bars, homemade protein bars, and Oatmeal cups.
- Keeping you’re skin clean & hydrated in flight: always remove you’re makeup when flying. If you don’t, you’ll be more prone to break outs + you’ll leave the plane feeling oily and may we say…gross.
- Pack these Facial towelettes that Jessica Alba swears by!
- Sheet masks- yes, be that mummy looking girl on the plane (you won’t regret it 😛) we love this Sephora rose sheet mask because of its skin-calming effects!
- The most important thing to do pre-flight, mid-flight, and post-flight is to HYDRATE HYDRATE HYDRATE!! Keeping hydrated will keep you’re hunger levels controlled, keep you from becoming dehydrated, and even help fight jet lag.
- Research healthy restraunts in your area of travel. If your traveling to an Island take advantage of the fresh smoothies and juices. If you’re in the states, look for a Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s – you can pick up juices, pre-made salads, and healthy snacks.
- The best thing about the wellness boom is that there’s probably a fitness studio at your destination – maybe try something out of your comfort zone! Zumba? Pole dancing? Boxing?
To safe & healthy travels,