Your most versatile 12$ kitchen ingredient is not just a cooking staple, coconut oil has become the moment’s most fawned over natural beauty item. You can purchase it at any health food store (just be sure to to get raw, organic, virgin coconut oil). Personally I use it as my face and body moisturizer, hair mask, and as a makeup remover. It’s an amazing all-purpose product – I literally use it from head to toe! This post is focussed on how to use it to enhance your natural beauty and get you glowing! Hopefully after reading it you will be just as COCO for coconut oil as I am (pun intended).
- Fights frizz – This is one of the most popular beauty uses of coconut oil. Thanks to its rich fatty acids and proteins, the natural oils repel water and prevent frizz. I use a penny size of it on my hair during those dreadful super humid days in the city!
- Hair conditioning – It works wonders for dry, damaged, overly-styled, or can’t-get-the-tangle-out hair. Rub some oil throughout your hair, leave it on in the shower for a few minutes, rinse it off, and WOILA gorgeous silky hair!
- For your skin – Slather it on because coconut oil is full of vitamin E, which encourages the growth and repair of our skin cells, protecting against aging and cracking of the skin. In addition to moisturizing your skin, coconut oil is a natural antibacterial and anti fungal.
Products I recommend:
- KOPARI – I love that Sephora carries a sample box of this line – I was able to try everything before committing to one product! My favorite item was the coconut body glow. It gave my skin a light shimmer glow that had me walking down the streets like it was a Milan runway.
- Yes to coconut – This ultra light spray body lotion is my go to product (especially in the dry heat of summer). I love the hydration my skin has after just a few squirts of this lotion. Plus, the products in this line are well priced.
- Shea Moisture – Coconut & hibiscus curl & shine shampoo and conditioner set is my favorite haircare product for myself and my son (he has super curly hair – almost afro like 🙂 The smell is so lovely and it makes my hair soft and silky, and allows me to brush out his knots easily without a tear spilled.
- Shea Moisture – Coconut & hibiscus dead sea bath salts – I use this after a tough work out when my muscles need some TLC. This product not only soothes my muscles, but it softens and nourishes my skin as well.
- Earthtuface – Coconut body butter – This total body butter will recharge nourish and hydrate your body. It contains organic virgin coconut oil, unrefined cocoa butter, cardamom, cinnamon and sunflower derived Vitamin E.
- Coconut Oil – Good old coconut oil – I love to just use the oil to remove my makeup, a few squirts in my bath to moisturize my skin, and on my cuticles to strengthen them in-between manicures.
How do you incorporate coconut oil into your daily routine? Share your thoughts, comments, and go to uses for coconut oil and we will feature you on the blog!
To clean living,