Acai is a berry found in the rain forests of the Amazon. It is native to Central and South America. For centuries, acai berry was known as a food full of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties, and energy-boosting nutrients.
Acai berries contain omega-3 fatty acids, essential amino acids, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, vitamin B, and so much more! They are full of antioxidants, minerals, fiber, and electrolytes. Acai berries come in powder form, smoothies, juices, and fruit bowls.
1/2 cup of pure acai contains about 80 calories, 5 grams of fat, 2 grams of sugar, 4 grams of fiber, and 1 gram of protein.
- High in antioxidants
- May boost weight loss and aid weight management
- Promotes skin health – it can fight acne, brighten your skin, and even skin tone!
- Eases digestion- Acai berry is high in fiber, so it helps keep your body feel full and aids the digestion process. Also, acai is a natural detoxifier – it helps the kidneys and liver get rid of waste and harmful toxins in the body.
- Energy booster – there are energy boosting properties in acai berries that help improve concentration, boost mood, and reduce fatigue (hello 6 am runs!)
- Promotes heart health- acai berries contain an antioxidant called anthocyanin- it helps balance cholesterol levels.
- Here’s a great recipe that you could make in your blender at home (no fancy juice bars needed)
- ¼ cup walnuts
- A handful of blueberries and rassberries
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ banana, sliced
- Drizzle with almond butter
3. DIY Face wash- For glowy skin, mix 1 tablespoon of acai powder into 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil. Then, add in 1 teaspoon of Manuka honey. Apply as a mask to your skin for 10-20 minutes and then rinse.
- Sambazon Fresh Juice– drink your antioxidants!
- Eminence Firm Skin Acai Booster Serum– Use this once or twice a day on a clean face to improve your skin’s tone and texture
- Acai tea– Steep this acai tea for about 5 minutes and add some lemon slices
- Organic Acai Fruit Bar– These frozen treats are perfect for your day at the pool this summer
- OGX Acai berry avocado shampoo and conditioner – Nourish your hair with this acai and avocado blend to get smooth and shiny locks.
- Health Warrior Chia Bars: Acai Berry– These bars are the perfect go to snack that you could take with you on the go!
To clean living,
Jessica, Rachel, & Ariella