One of the hardest workouts we have ever done was at SLT. Our go to trainer is Heather Hamilton (check her out at the UWS and UES locations). She broke down 5 of her favorite moves for us to get those muscles burning. We adapted the moves (typically done on a megaformer) so we can do them at home, at the gym, or in our hotel room. All you need is a foam roller, optional set of ankle weights, and a set of gliders (towels work too)!
- Kneeling french twist (The yummiest exercise on the Megaformer!)
- Back Lunge
- Superman Curl with a twist
- Wheelbarrow (One of the most basic on the Megaformer but, depending on your body placement/facing on the machine, it can quickly become wicked 😉
Here is our version to get that burn at home:
- Kneeling french twist suing a foam roller
- Back lunge (optional 3 pound ankle weights) on a slider disk (can use towel)
- Superman curl with a twist on sliders
- Skating using slider disk (can use towel)
- Wheelbarrow using sliding disks (can use towel)
- Do each move slowly to feel the burn (aim for four counts back and four counts forward for each move)
- Keep your abs tight and don’t arch your back
- Try to do 10 – 15 of each exercises 3x through!
- Feel free to experiment with isometric holds or pulses while doing the moves.
To clean living,
Jessica, Rachel, & Ariella
picture – http://www.sltnyc.com